Skip to main content

A very personal post

A very personal post
I’ve been feeling down recently, possibly down to exam stress (can’t wait untill they’re over) but potentially due to something I’ve been suffering from for a while but never wanted to admit.

Since I looked at myself in the mirror, didn’t want to go to summer ball because I couldn’t fit into the dresses I’d ordered and realised I needed to make a change my weight loss journey has, in macro terms been a success. I’ve lost the weight I wanted to and find myself fitter, healthier and sometimes happier as a result. 
Why only sometimes? Because other times I find myself as I am tonight writing this blog: lonely, feeling guilty for enjoying a sweet treat and dreading the consequences that missing a couple of days at the gym will have in making me look.

Some days my anorexia (although never formally diagnosed, it’s quite obvious I’m a sufferer) means I eat only one meal a day, if at all. Others I find myself snacking away and feeling miserable and guilty as a result. ‘What is wrong with me?’ I often think, or why did I do that as I swallow down another square of chocolate. These things I don’t know the answers to, and at the moment I can’t see myself finding the solution, it looks as though I’m going to be stuck in this cycle for a while but truly all I want is an escape - to be able to eat dessert at Sunday lunch without starving myself for days after or joining in with a house takeaway because, why the heck not!!? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Banoffee Muffins Recipe Card

 

Simple Coffee-Time Biccies

Simple Coffee-Time Biccies Home lock-down has got my family going slightly stir crazy! I'm loving the extra baking and cooking time, locking myself in the kitchen whenever I can and have found some great recipes online and in the newspaper (BBC Good Food is always a favourite; there's some great pages to follow on insta too for inspiration and recipes and the telegraph food and drink section is getting bigger every day!!) While insanity is starting to hit - we're trying to keep a routine/pattern and coffee time is now a major feature! It's the really needed morning pick-me-up a chance to break from revision, gather for a chat and of course eat biscuits!! Knowing how much my family love biscuits, we go through quite a few so I found this simple recipe online and have been loving making them on a regular basis. As you can see, the measures are a bit odd - I halved the recipe and found it made plenty of perfectly sized coffee time biccies! The Recipe below is f...

Little Life Update - Lockdown

So this is all a bit strange ... on our 4th week of lockdown! To be honest, I actually really enjoyed it to start with, getting time to spend with my family that I wouldn’t have had normally, but I think it’s fair to say we’re all getting a bit fed up with it now!! Not helped by the weather changing from nice sunshine last week to rain or the fact that I’m getting ever closer to exams but the mood has definitely changed. In the first couple of weeks, to make up for some special events we were due to go to but were obviously cancelled, we had a couple evenings all round the table - I cooked a big three course meal, we all dressed up and actually had a good time! Last week, it was dad’s birthday, something to look forward to and celebrate, we tried to make it special for him with our first bbq of the season!! Always a favourite, I made all the trimmings and we had an amazing evening out in the garden! Right now, we don’t have anything to look forward to, but I’m hoping we will do somet...